The true backbone of any organization is its volunteers. It is people who give selflessly of their time and energy that make an organization work well. The same is true of the Wellness Warriors. We depend on our cadre of team members and volunteers for our success. We call our group of volunteers “Row 11” – the row that supports the ten rows of paddlers on our dragon boat.
Some of our volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping set up our tent during races and transporting equipment
- Staffing our sales table during races
- Seeking direct and in-kind donations for special fund-raising projects
- Recruiting new team members
- Steering boats at practices
Once you join Row 11, we hope that you will join our Facebook group Volunteers (Row 11) of Wellness Warriors: Dragon Boat Team Group!
“We put HOPE to work”!
– Patsy Lynch